Monday, November 23, 2009

Royalties for early buyers

One part of my plan is to sell "shares" in the book which entitles shareholders to receive "royalties" from future book sales. (I've done this before, successfully.)  Each share (unit) would entitle the owner to not only a percentage of the profits (48% collectively), but also inclusion/promotion inside the book and on the blog site as a patron.. and yes, a copy of the book before the general public receives it. Conceivably a unit holder like you could receive back all of his/her very affordable investment, over time. Plus, the amount of your investment won't be as much as the final price of the post-publication book.

Let's say there are 5,000 units available (arbitrary number) and I decide to keep 2600 of them for myself. That means 2400 units would be available for sale to anyone on the planet. I'd like to sell all these by December 31, 2009 so that I can start writing on January 1, 2010 with no distractions.

At this moment I'm thinking of making each unit $29. If I sell the book in late 2010 for $49, you've saved $20. This number isn't final. I could raise or lower it.... I need to do more thinking and number- crunching. I could sell the final book for far more or less, and offer two versions: electronic (PDF) and print version. I may limit the number of copies I produce to make the book a Limited Edition and thus, more valuable.

Stay tuned for more on this subject, more ways you can benefit financially from this project, and more ways you can participate in this book project that don't require an investment. And of course, I'll tell you more about the content of my how-to book, Build Your Own, One-Person Advice Empire.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments kind and respectful. I reserve the right to reject anonymous and unkind comments.